Miller & Martin’s Securities Group is informed not only by substantive knowledge and skill, but also by the personal familiarity we foster with clients' particular businesses and needs.
Our Securities team counsels businesses, boards of directors, committees, stockholders and entrepreneurs in all areas of modern regulatory securities practice issues, both public and private. We represent clients in public and private offerings of debt and equity and assist businesses in all phases of the planning and preparation for such offerings. Our attorneys work with public companies in navigating the ever-changing regulatory requirements of the '34 Act, as well as assistance with NYSE and NASDAQ listing and compliance matters. We also offer advice and counsel in all related areas of regulatory compliance and represent Audit, Compensation and Nominating committees, with experience working with both very large and very small public companies. The Group also has deep experience with the regulatory matters affecting bank holding companies.
Group members include attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, Georgia Trend magazine's "Legal Elite" list, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Our clients benefit from the Group's team approach, which draws on firm skills in other relevant areas of corporate, business, intellectual property and tax law.
- Represented a middle market buyout firm in raising in excess of $55 million to fund future acquisitions.
- Represented various community banks and bank holding companies in raising over $24 million through public offerings since the beginning of 2001.
- Handled public debt and equity offerings in excess of $5 billion for a large corporation with operations in the U.S. and international markets.
- Completed a $30 million IPO for a large company with manufacturing facilities in the U.S., U.K., France and the Netherlands.
- Represented a national financial corporation in an underwritten public stock offering of 3.5 million shares of common stock and $15 million of subordinated debt and a private placement of $6.1 million convertible preferred stock.
- Represented a software corporation in an initial underwritten public offering and the acquisition of a domestic and a U.K. software company.
- Represented various high tech corporations in their sale to publicly held corporations for securities each valued in excess of $60 million.
- Represented high tech corporations in the raising of venture capital funds.
- Represented a publicly traded bank holding company in the acquisition of a $500 million bank holding company.
- Handled tender offers for outstanding publicly-held debt securities for a consumer products company valued at approximately $80 million and a tender offer for publicly-held debt securities for a quick service restaurant company valued at approximately $30 million.
- Represented NYSE and NASDAQ traded companies in connection with their regulatory, compliance and periodic securities filings.
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Edition
- 6 Chattanooga Miller & Martin Attorneys Awarded Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" 2020 Edition
- Miller & Martin Earns 2 National & 41 Regional Rankings in "Best Law Firms" 2019 Edition
- Former 24-Year FBI Special Agent Chris Swecker Joins Miller & Martin Law Firm
- 56 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition
- Elkins and Shepard Admitted as Members of the Firm
- Miller & Martin Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in $125 Million Debt Refinancing
- Miller & Martin Recognized by ALM as a 2014 Go-To Law Firm® for the Top 500 Companies in the U.S.
- April Holland Named to Lawyers of Color's 2014 Hot List
- Douglas Elkins Joins Miller & Martin's Chattanooga Office