Chris Crevasse focuses his practice on employee benefits, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and other aspects of employment law, including immigration law. He assists his clients with the design, drafting, and updating of retirement plans and other employee benefit plans; with ERISA and federal tax compliance; with benefit plan administration and audits, including audits by the IRS and DOL; and with resolving employee benefits issues through the IRS and DOL correction programs. He also counsels clients with respect to the ACA, COBRA, and other employment-related laws and regulations, and provides advice regarding benefit plan issues in corporate transactions, plan terminations, and plan mergers. Chris’s immigration work focuses primarily on assisting employers and foreign nationals with securing and maintaining the approvals and documents necessary for the foreign nationals and their families to live and work in the United States.
- J.D., University of Florida, 1986
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1983
- Tennessee State & Federal Courts
- California State & Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth and Ninth Circuits
- Martindale-Hubbell® - AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law since 2008
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Chattanooga Tax Practitioners
- Tennessee Bar Association
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents Home Health Care of East Tennessee in its Combination with Adoration Health
- Miller & Martin Represents All Metals Holding, LLC in Sale to Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
- 53 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents ERMC in the Sale of Its Business to SecurAmerica
- 56 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents Heritage Funeral Homes, L.P. in Sale to Carriage Funeral Holdings, Inc.
- Six Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2014 "Lawyer of the Year"
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- What's New in Employment Law for 2017, SHRM Chattanooga
- SHRM Chattanooga Employment Law Session
- Chattanooga Lunch Seminar | Affordable Care Act: What's New and What's Next
- Chattanooga Breakfast Seminar | Affordable Care Act: What's New and What's Next
- Chattanooga Seminar | Affordable Care Act: What's New and What's Next
- Nashville Seminar | Affordable Care Act: What's New and What's Next
- Employment Law - What's New for 2015, SHRM Chattanooga
- Chris Crevasse to Speak at Employee Benefits & Tax Compliance Seminar
- Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know Now, National Business Institute
- Healthcare Reform Forum, LaGrange Troup County Chamber of Commerce
Will ride bike for wine.