Stacie advises employers of all sizes on how to comply with applicable state and federal laws concerning employee leave and pregnancy, disability and religious accommodation as well as anti-discrimination, harassment and retaliation laws while still effectively running their businesses.
- Stacie is an employment law strategist, litigator and trainer, advising national, regional and local employers on employment law matters focusing on FMLA leave administration, ADA, pregnancy and religious accommodations, as well as anti-harassment, discrimination and retaliation laws.
- She develops, reviews and updates employee handbooks, policies, employment contracts and severance agreements, and represents employers in local, state and federal legal proceedings including the EEOC, DOL and state human rights commission investigations, mediations and lawsuits throughout the United States.
- Stacie is a frequent speaker at national, regional and state HR, executive and management forums regarding the above-described topics, and provides in-house training and counsel to HR professionals and supervisors to help them address various issues relating to employee hiring, discipline and termination which impact companies of all sizes.
- J.D., with Honors, University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1995
- Graduated with the highest GPA in the litigation curriculum
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1992
- Tennessee State and Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Bethel Bible Village - Board of Trustees
- DOL Issues New FMLA Forms
- The EEOC Weighs in on COVID-19 Antibody Testing and Other Return to Work Considerations
- The U.S. Supreme Court Holds That Title VII Protects Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- What to Do When Employees Refuse to Return to Work
- DOL Adds More Clarity Regarding Interaction of Regular and Expanded Paid Leave as FFCRA Enforcement Begins
- New DOL Regulations Provide Additional Information to Employers Regarding the FFCRA
- Employers to Roll Out the FFCRA on April 1
- Coronavirus-Based Updates to Georgia and Tennessee Unemployment Requirements for Employers
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act As Signed Into Law
- Latest Attempt by Congress at Workplace Coronavirus Relief
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act Passes the House
- Coronavirus Workplace Checklist
- (Avoiding) The Top Five Mistakes Employers Make Regarding New Parent Leave Policies
- 10 Tips for Complying with the New EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting Requirements
- Tennessee’s Anti-Bullying Law Now Applies to Private Employers
- Tennessee Now Uses the 20-Factor IRS Test to Identify Independent Contractors (vs. Employees)
- The Latest from the DOL Regarding Independent Contractors
- Update to Last Week's EEO-1 Report Alert
- Filing EEO-1 Reports this Year – “Have We Landed Yet?”
- New DOL Opinion Letter Means Employers Must Designate Time Off as FMLA Leave Once Put on Notice
- Fun New FMLA Facts from the DOL
- A Full-Time Employee’s Doctor Says She Can Only Work Part Time at the End of Her FMLA Leave.
- The Dangers of Misunderstanding “Pregnancy Accommodation”
- #MeToo: It Can't Happen Here...That's Just Hollywood
- Two Things Employers Can Celebrate this Labor Day
- Monthly Pay Is Now Legal in Tennessee
- New Tennessee Law Creates New Duty to Report Healthcare Employees Who Fail Drug Tests
- Tennessee Enacts Private Employer (Optional) Veterans' Preference Law
- Is Your Anti-Harassment Training Making the Grade?
- Election Day is Coming Soon - Do You Know Your Employees' Voting Leave Rights?
- Are You Covered by the DOL's New Final Rule Regarding Paid Sick Leave for the Employees of Federal Contractors?
- The EEO-1 Report Filing Date is Right Around the Corner - Are You Ready?
- Employee Training Requirements Lowered for Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Employers
- New EEOC Guidance - Handling Disabled Employee Leave Requests which Conflict with Your Company Policies and Practices
- What's Wellness Got To Do With It?
- The EEOC Is "Playing Sides" with the Charge Response Process
- Supplement "EEO It's the Law" Poster Issued for Federal Contractors
- A Surprising Holding by the Tennessee Supreme Court Regarding Workers
- Is Sexual Orientation Now a Protected Class?
- New Overtime Regulations Proposed
- What is a Tennessee "Certificate of Employability"?
- Employees Must Prove "Motive" Not Mere "Knowledge" in Order to Demonstrate Religious Discrimination per the U.S. Supreme Court
- The DOL Issues New FMLA Forms
- Tennessee Legislation Wrap Up: What You Need to Know Before July 1st
- Guns on Company Property: Think Twice Before Taking Action
- Tennessee Supreme Court Upholds a Narrow Definition of "Whistleblowers"
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on Pregnancy Accommodations
- 2019 Supervisor Training | Essential Tools for the 21st Century Manager - Full Day Workshop
- Managing FMLA Leave Abuse and ADA/FMLA Interactions
- Attorneys to Speak at TVPPA 2018 Legal Conference
- Caraway to Present BLR's FMLA Master Class
- Caraway to Present at the 2017 Advanced Employment Issues Symposium
- Caraway to Present at Tennessee Bankers Association
- Caraway to Speak at Corporate Counsel Forum 2017
- Caraway to Speak at German American Chamber of Commerce
- What's New in Employment Law for 2017, SHRM Chattanooga
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at BLR's 2017 FMLA Master Class
- So You Think You Need to Accommodate? | Chattanooga
- Caraway and Smith to Speak at Tennessee Credit Union League Executive Leadership Compliance Conference
- SHRM Chattanooga Employment Law Session
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at BLR's 2016 ADA Master Class
- Stacie Caraway will Present at the 20th Annual Advanced Employment Issues Symposium
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at BLR's 2015 FMLA Master Class
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at the Tennessee Association of Housing and Redevelopment Authorities Annual Conference
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at SHRM Chattanooga Chapter Meeting
- Stacie Caraway Speaking at the Annual Tennessee Municipal Attorneys Association Summer Seminar
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at Duck River SHRM Seminar
- Caraway to Speak at Cleveland/Bradley Chamber of Commerce
- Caraway to Speak at Tennessee Association of Manufacturers
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at the 19th Annual Advanced Employment Issues Symposium
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at 2014 TN SHRM Conference
- Miller & Martin Attorneys to Speak at SHRM Chattanooga
- Stop FMLA Abuse Today: End the Frustration, Be in Control, Progressive Business Executive Education
- 18th Annual 2013 Advanced Employment Issues Symposium (AEIS), HR Hero
- Annual Legal Round Table, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Chattanooga
Stacie is a professional vocalist. She has been a featured soloist at two Billy Graham Crusades and performed three times at the White House and once at the Sydney Opera House.