Miller & Martin recognizes that a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment are necessary if we are to effectively understand and serve our clients and value the different backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through recruitment, hiring, retention and advancement, the firm continues its commitment to diversity in the workplace.
An environment of inclusion is a priority at Miller & Martin, and our Diversity Committee provides the leadership and support to maintain this atmosphere. The Committee is responsible for implementing the firm's Diversity initiatives.
Involvement & Support
The firm participates in and supports numerous diversity-related efforts, including:
- American Bar Association
- Minority Counsel Program
- Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession's Minority Counsel Program
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Frontiers International--Chattanooga African-American Chamber of Commerce
- Lawyers Association for Women
- National Civil Rights Museum Capital Campaign
- Tennessee State University Foundation Scholarship Gala
- Urban League of Greater Chattanooga
Miller & Martin actively recruits diverse and female candidates for our summer program through on-campus interviews, resume drops and several regional and local minority job fairs, including the Southeastern Minority Job Fair and the Damali Booker 1L Minority Job Fair.
Below is a list of some of the minority organizations the firm supports:
- Atlanta Bar Association’s Minority and Diversity Clerkship Program
- Chattanooga Legal Diversity Consortium
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity's 1L Scholars Program
- National Black Law Students Association