White Collar & Corporate Investigation
Miller & Martin's White Collar & Corporate Investigations team understands the consequences that can arise from criminal or regulatory investigations. Our team offers clients the advanced legal thinking that comes with decades of experience as state and federal prosecutors, judges and defense counsel in some of the most notable investigations and criminal proceedings in the Southeast.
Our group of attorneys leverages the firm's deep substantive knowledge of the regulatory issues facing businesses in today's economy. The firm's resources ensure that it can effectively advise companies and individuals in unexpected situations such as government raids or a grand jury inquiry. When the government presses forward and fails to resolve matters out of court, our team is prepared to meet it with the collective experience of more than 200 jury trials.
The team has effectively guided clients from Europe, the Middle East and Latin America involved in law enforcement actions in the United States, and has counseled American clients whose activities abroad have drawn the scrutiny of the United States government.
Our group works to minimize the day-to-day burdens associated with government investigations so our clients can focus their attention where it is most needed, running their businesses.
- Tried to acquittal a major criminal prosecution against a Fortune 500 company. United States v. Tyson Foods, Inc. was named by the National Law Journal as the “defense verdict of the year.”
- Defended healthcare providers, including hospitals, physician practices and nursing facilities in False Claims Act (“FCA”) and Stark Law investigations and litigation. This includes defending a major national skilled nursing facility in the largest qui tam action pending in the United States.
- Conducted internal investigation and represented automotive parts manufacturer designated as a target in an industry-wide price-fixing investigation. No charges were filed against the client.
- Represented Middle East-based military food supplier in procurement fraud investigation. No charges were filed against the client.
- Obtained dismissal of indictment charging a former investor relations employee of a Fortune 500 company with insider trading and making false statements to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represented German manufacturer identified as the target of an investigation alleging falsification of product testing. No charges were filed against the client and the government declined to intervene in a parallel FCA case.
- Defended numerous domestic and international clients in prosecutions involving allegations of securities fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, bankruptcy fraud, immigration violations, money laundering, FDA violations, mail and wire fraud, public corruption and bribery and misappropriation of public funds.
- Represented skilled nursing facilities, physician practices and a medical supply company in healthcare fraud investigations, none of which were pursued to indictment.
- Represented an executive of a publicly-traded medical device company in internal and government investigations of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) violations regarding the sale and marketing of products in Europe. Our representation resulted in no charges being filed against the client.
- Represented construction and engineering firms in FCA investigations and litigation relating to work on nuclear facilities.
- Engaged by nation’s largest public utility to represent executives in Office of Inspector General (“OIG”) investigation regarding compliance with regulatory programs concerning nuclear plant safety.
- Engaged by utility equipment manufacturing company to represent human resources managers and staff in an internal investigation and criminal investigation conducted by the Department of Homeland Security arising from the nation’s largest immigration raid. The representation resulted in a declination to prosecute any firm client.
- Routinely assisted clients in responding to grand jury subpoenas and civil investigative demands arising from government investigations relating to a wide variety of conduct, including allegations of securities fraud, healthcare fraud, government procurement fraud and antitrust violations under the Sherman Act.
- Miller & Martin Earns 2018 “Best Law Firm” Ranking in 23 Practice Areas from U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- 56 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Provide Thought Leadership for State Bar of Georgia White Collar Crime Seminar
- Griffin and Parker Selected as 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers Top 100
- Miller & Martin Achieves Metropolitan Top Ranking for 2014 "Best Law Firms"
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- Griffin and Dickson to Speak at White Collar Crime Seminar
- Griffin and Greene Particpate at White Collar Crime Seminar
- Dickson and Green to Speak at Southeastern Forensic & Valuation Services Conference
- Griffin to Speak at Southeastern White Collar Crime Institute
- Greene to Speak at DRI's Business Litigation Seminar
- Griffin and Rumfelt to Speak at White Collar Crime Conference
- Griffin to Speak at White Collar Crime Seminar
- Southeastern White Collar Crime Institute, American Bar Association
- Griffin will Present White Collar Crime, Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia