Alan Madison focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and debt financing in the firm’s corporate department. Mr. Madison advises middle market, privately held companies in connection with strategic and financial acquisitions. In addition, he has developed deep experience in representing borrowers and lenders in a range of secured financings. Mr. Madison takes a business-minded approach to his transactions, balancing obtaining the most favorable deal terms for his client with the need to ensure a timely and cost-effective closing. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Madison was an associate in the finance department of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP in Chicago, where he developed significant experience in international transactions.
- Represented an institutional lender as administrative agent in a $1.4 million asset-based revolving credit facility for an international distribution company. The proceeds of the facility were used by the borrower to consummate a merger with another distribution company.
- Represented a parts-manufacturing company in connection with its $375 million senior secured term loan and $60 million asset-based revolving credit facility.
- Represented a national retail company as borrower in connection with its $2.2 billion secured term loan facility.
- Represented an institutional lender as administrative agent in connection with a $1.2 billion asset based revolving credit facility for an international rental equipment company. The transaction involved borrowers and guarantors domiciled in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Luxembourg and Hungary.
- J.D., cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., cum laude, Clemson University, History, 2004
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Attorneys John Bode and Alan Madison Quoted in Pandemic Practice Feature Story in Edge Magazine
- Hamilton County Herald Features Corporate Attorney Alan Madison
- Miller & Martin Represents Home Health Care of East Tennessee in its Combination with Adoration Health
- Attorneys Archibald, Dumitru, Madison Elected as Members of Miller & Martin Law Firm
- Cathay Capital Receives 2018 Americas Private Equity Deal of the Year for Innovative Transaction
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Further Expands Terms of Main Street Lending Program to Appeal to More Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Set to Launch Main Street Lending Program for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Announces Expanded Terms for Main Street Lending Program Available to Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Regulations Announced for Main Street Loan Facilities Available to Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Summary of the Coronavirus Economic Stabilization Act for Medium-Sized and Larger Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Summary of the Paycheck Protection Program for Small Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19): Market Disruptions and Their Impact on Financing Arrangements
While a student at Clemson University, Mr. Madison received the Bethea Paper Prize for original research on the Santee Canal in South Carolina.