Neil Wilcove is a commercial litigator focusing on the construction industry in all aspects of construction disputes. Representing contractors, subcontractors, owners, architects, engineers and material suppliers, he handles such matters as payment disputes and delay claims, as well as construction and design defect cases. Neil also assists his clients in negotiating and drafting construction contracts. Further demonstration of his commitment and understanding to the construction industry is Neil's service as Legal Counsel for Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia, Inc. and as Legal Counsel and an Executive Committee Member with Georgia Built. He is a published author with several articles on construction litigation and contract topics appearing in Tools of the Trade and Construction Executive magazines.
Neil's commercial litigation practice focuses on the manufacturing sector in payment disputes, impact and delay claims, as well as construction and design defect cases. He assists clients with product recalls, consumer complaints and media inquiries. He also assists clients with negotiating and drafting supply and end-user agreements.
His real estate practice includes all facets of real estate disputes, including real estate malpractice claims against attorneys, title examiners, real estate agents and property managers, along with assisting clients with drafting and negotiating real estate and management agreements.
- Assisted client with negotiating $50 million multi-family project involving Brownfield environmental issues.
- Defended client in claims that it caused $30 million in damage to natural gas pipeline.
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, 1998
- Notes and Comments Editor, Albany Law Review
- B.S., Siena College, 1995
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) Georgia - "Member of the Year," 2015
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, Construction Litigation, 2006-2007, 2009-2013
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite: Real Estate since 2017
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia, Inc. (ABC) - Legal Counsel
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) - Chair of Annual Golf Tournament and Board of Directors
- Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA) - Fellow
- Dunwoody Bar Association - Secretary
- Georgia Built - Legal Counsel and Executive Committee Member
- Georgia Highway Contractors Association (GHCA)
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Old War Horse Lawyers Club
- Surety Association of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Albany Law School, National Alumni Association - Board of Directors
- American Diabetes Association, Atlanta Chapter - Father's Day Council Member
- It’s the Journey, Inc. (Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer) - Board of Directors
- Georgia Legislative Highlights from 2018 Session
- OSHA's New Crystalline Silica Standard is Now Being Enforced for Construction
- New Definition for Term "Completion" in Florida for Construction Defect Lawsuits
- Officers and Directors of Corporations Can Breathe a Little Easier - Good Faith Presumption is Now Law in Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals Holds That the Georgia Statute of Repose Is Applicable to Contractual Claims as Well as Negligence Claims
- Filing Affidavit of Non-Payment Within 60 Days of Signing Statutory Lien Waiver is Critical in Georgia Construction Contracts
- What K-Con Decision Means for Bonding Requirements in Federal Construction Contracts
- OSHA Delays Another Rule - Cranes This Time