Tom represents private and public companies across a wide range of industries in corporate transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, complex partnerships and private equity investments. He has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers in lower-middle market ($1 million to $100 million) mergers and acquisitions, and has also advised several international companies in establishing subsidiaries in the United States. Tom regularly counsels businesses on corporate governance matters, and has substantial experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and LLC and partnership agreements.
- Represented ice cream franchising company in drafting and negotiating joint venture agreement between founders and private equity investors, as well as negotiating patent license with technology company vendor
- Represented German investors in the purchase of stock of online provider of fresh products direct from the farm.
- Represented Danish company in the sale of its United States-based consulting and manufacturing businesses.
- Represented shareholders of financial advisor marketing firm in equity sale and rollover.
- Represented regional construction company in its acquisition of commercial building firm in North Carolina.
- Represented individual physician in the buy-out of his interests in medical practice.
- Represented Atlanta-based massage and physical therapy school in its acquisition by education portfolio company.
- Represented architectural firm in the business separation of its partners.
- Represented national financial services company in reorganization and spin-off transaction.
- Represented private equity fund in recapitalization of specialty tile company in a transaction involving preferred equity and senior and mezzanine debt.
- Represented real estate investment firm in several joint ventures with other industry partners for development of multifamily projects in the Southeast.
- Represented utility infrastructure service company in the sale of its subsidiary to strategic buyer.
- Represented several UK-based companies in establishing subsidiaries and commencing operations in the United States.
- Represented technology company in an equity investment and simultaneous corporate restructuring that included a merger with its sister company.
- Represented Fortune 500 company and worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment in the acquisition of various international product manufacturers.
- Represented investors in a joint venture to develop movie studios located near Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented private equity funds in various portfolio acquisitions in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, restaurants, recycling and nuclear material handling.
- Represented financial investor in the acquisition and subsequent disposition of portfolio of credit card receivables.
- Represented subprime auto lender in its capital raise with private equity investors and simultaneous acquisition of loan receivables portfolio.
- Represented national software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider in negotiating a complex master services agreement with a major U.S. retail bank.
- Represented Southeastern regional public relations firm in its acquisition of Atlanta-based competitor to create the 10th largest public relations firm in Atlanta.
- J.D., cum laude, Georgia State University, 1999
- Editor-in-Chief, Georgia State University Law Review
- B.B.A., University of Wisconsin, 1991
- State Bar of Georgia
- Association for Corporate Growth (Atlanta Chapter)
- Argonne Forest Neighborhood Association, Legal Advisor
- Boy Scouts of America, Member Board of Review
- Druid Hills Middle School, Junior Achievement Presenter
- Special Olympics Georgia, Member Honorary Board
- Miller & Martin Advised SaaS.group in its Acquisition of MyWorks
- Miller & Martin Represents Oakbridge Partners in its Sale to Homrich Berg
- Miller & Martin Represented SaaS Group in its Acquisition of Pipeline
- Miller & Martin Represented Independent Benefits Advisors in its Partnership with Acentria Insurance
- Miller & Martin Represents EMERGE Commerce Ltd. in the Acquisition of Retail Store Networks, Inc. d/b/a WholesalePet.com Show more
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Further Expands Terms of Main Street Lending Program to Appeal to More Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Set to Launch Main Street Lending Program for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Announces Expanded Terms for Main Street Lending Program Available to Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Regulations Announced for Main Street Loan Facilities Available to Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Summary of the Coronavirus Economic Stabilization Act for Medium-Sized and Larger Businesses Show more
As a native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Tom is pretty sure he can beat you in a game of bowling.